cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Software Uninstall!?!?!

Let's say I have a package for Adobe Acrobat 5.1 and I want to deploy this package to my users. All of my users have Adobe Acrobat 5.05 on their machines (Keep in mind that 5.05 was installed manually). How can I customize my package to completely ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing Files...

How do I insert several lines into both the "Hosts" & "Services" files without deleting anything else? I need to automate this in a package!An exact script to do this would be great!Thanks for your help!Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to set permissions

In my opinion the best way to append security and retain inheritance is to call a custom action to use Windows XP’s calcs.exe. Please not the following syntax:To run program already on System as Custom ActionLocation: Stored in the Directory TableSo...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to solve my MSI conflict?

Hello guys and girls. Here is my problem. I created an msi of one of our VB apps on a clean system. The msi works perfectly with other apps that we use (Office, Winzip, Adobe, Cognos..etc) The only app that i am having problem with is WRQ's Reflectio...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Tuner with 2 transforms

I am using the Tuner product to create a transform for a product. The x.msi file is installed via an Administrative Install. I am trying to create a transform file, by entering the x.msi file, an additional y.mst file and then my z.mst file. I am ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bartender Transform

I've created a transform for a .msi based software installation. In the transform I delete the uninstall shortcut that gets created yet it still gets created once installed. I've even edited the original .msi shortcut table and removed the create u...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem when repackaging and deployig in AD

I am trying to repackage and deploy RealOne Player, and have had some limited success...I have a MSI-file that works just fine when running it locally, but when I deploy it in my Active Directory I start to run into problems.If I assign it to a GPO a...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP Printer not installing-UPDATED

Ok,I've made some progress. I have it to where the installer works fine and the printer will show up, but only after a reboot. The original .exe installer does not require a reboot on my 2000/XP systems. Is there a way I can modify the msi file so th...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Out of disk error

I have just created a custom msi from pagemaker 7 and when I run the msi I get the following error at the start of the file copyout of disk space - volume 'everyone'; required space 15kb available space 0kb free some space and try again.Has anyone co...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office XP Upgrade from 97

Does anyone know an easy way to upgrade office 97 to XP while using the MST files? I have created them, and it doesn't uninstall the Office97, like it does when ran from the CD.All questions are answered the same, yet the old app is still there.I ha...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos