cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

MSI Edits Need some clarification

Where do i make the edits for "additional servers" This is a field that i can find in TUNER but if I am to make a "template" i need to know where this field is in the MSI package itself. Maybe I have been to general in my quesitons. I have about 20 s...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action Runs During UNINSTALL

I am utilizing a custom action which calls a script to copy files during an install....unfortunately, this custom action also runs during UNINSTALL. I am new to InstallShield and would like some help with this....Thanks,Scandler

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

[ERROR] : Repackager

Hello world,My problem is on a clean windows 95 when a start the repacker (installation standalone) and i use the multiple steps options. An error occur the message is "An unsupported operation was attempted"I look in the repack.log file and the last...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Uninstall!?!?!

Does anyone have a script for a custom action that would uninstall a particular product (program directory as well as shortcuts)?Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to modify any table with automation

Hello,I succeeded to modify a project (.ism) with another one with automation only int the Property tableIs a simple way to do the same in another table ? (the Directory one for exemple)My working code :set BIBProject = CreateObject ("ISWiAutomation....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

##ids_error_1##

Since loading Valuepack2 on my server the msi's I am making have all the entries in the error table showing as ##IDS_ERROR_xx##. This is not helping the making process as I have to replace them with ones from other MSI's I've made earlier.Has anyone ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstallShield Repackager Language Problem

When I use the repackager the msi file created doesn't have any language setup. When I try and run the ism file it says that I don't have any invalid active language. Editing the msi directly shows that the language is set to 0. How can I resolve thi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Universal Transform Template

I have extensive edits to make to each transform but they are all identical. I need to create ONE transform to apply universal settings to EVERY msi I create. However how do I get around the GUID problem or is it possible. I have extensive edits to...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Short Filename Error 1325

I have a situation which seems to affect users that have their usernames longer than 8.3 characters.When the user tries to start an app that needs the msiexec program it errors with "error 1325.2002TestUser is not a valid short file name"The user nam...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit "Collect Product Information" field

Hi Peeps!!I am new to ISS ADMIN STUDIO 3.5 and I am having a couple of tasks laid on me by "the man" and I need help from you guru types I need to know how to replace the "default" info included by the Repackager in the following fields.PRODUCT URLSU...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos