cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

uhm er repacked a repacked app?

I have a dumb question. I repackaged a lotus notes addon, but found a problem in it. the MSI install was heavily customised (over an hours work on the repackage machine alone) so i thought i would install it from the msi and then just make the last c...

Horrible Error 1322

Hi, i had a problem with adminstudio 2.0 when i build a setup using repackager while running the setup "Error 1322: A portion of the path exceeds the length of the system" is displayed when installing the product. The project build with no errors...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflict Solver date problem

I am having a problem today with the conflict solver program.Every program I have imported to the database today has a date related error. The Original date shows as 12 Jan 2002 and the mod date shows as dec 1 2002 (which is the correct date). Why do...

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Please Creating MSI's

I'm new to this so if this is a stupid question then sorry.When I use repackager to snapshot an application, I then convert the INC file to an MSI... when I then launch the MSI, 7 times out of10, The front screen of the MSI installer comes up with ga...

mnimmo by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Association Query URGENT please!

Hya, I am new to this so forgive me in advance for asking such a basic simple question.I have created an MSI package of Visio Viewer using AdminStudio 3.5 Repackager. However, when I install the software, it opens the .vsd and .vdx files in Internet...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

how can I rename a folder via InstallScript?

hallo,I want to rename a menu folder under Programs Menu afterinstalling shortcuts without deleting the installed shortcuts,and creating a new folder. I only want to rename this folder,but I find no file and folder function in InstallScript.Perhaps s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

shortcut menu items

I have repacked on XP (fatal mistake you say, i know..) anyhoo about half way through the second snapshot XP went fubar and started recreating all its icons on the start menu??? Now in my product i have a load of menu icons i dont want. I have delete...

problem with SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER

I work with AdminStudio 3.0 and want to give a MenuFolder in ProgramsMenu dynamically the display name using the system variable SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER (SHELL_~1|SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER is then the display name)but this donĀ“t work, somewhere I read that thi...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action...

I am trying to create a custom action that uninstall's Adobe Acrobat 5.05. What should "Executable Property" be? I have the following for the command line:C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -a -m -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu"...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install does not work in Active Directory Group Policies

I have repackaged an install as an MSI and it will work if I install it manually. But when I put the install into the group policy it errors out, here is the message:Product: -- Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 RT32...