cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Summery Information Stream

OK, What am I doing wrong?No matter what I do my "Author" value in the "Summery Information Stream" does not seem to overwrite the imported value. I have a custom "IsProjBlankTpl.ism" and the new value is in it. and everything else gets overwritten ...

Add / Remove Icon...

Since I converted several of my packages to "per-user" installs, i've noticed that the icons for each package in "Add / Remove" are just a "folder", yet each package references a specific icon to be shown in "Add / Remove". Does anyone know what is ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Batch Files

Please can someone give me some advice on the methods used to launch a batch file using Admin Studio. We have packaged several applications in MSI format and require the following batch file to run after the deplopyment.#Sample Batch File# to run aft...

Shortcuts and GPO installation

hello guys. I have this interesting problem. I have an app that works perfectly, but here is one thing. When installed manualy, the shortcuts appear and when uninstalled they dissapear. When this app is deployed via GPO, the shortcuts will not go awa...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager Question

Does Repackager pick up changes to text-based configuration files with an extension other than .INI? In other words, if my application stores configuration information in a text file named myapp.xyz, is Repackager intelligent enough to pick up the s...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Current Directory property or variable referencing msi

Hi all,Is there a property or variable that I can use to reference the location where the msi is launched from ? for example:In c:\temp\app , I have c:\temp\app\test.msi and c:\temp\app\server.ini . I am creating a installscript and custom action t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

create directory on first launch

Hello,I'm not sure this is something an MSI can do or if I need to just include a batch file within the msi for the main exectuable. Anyhow, is there a way to have some set of actions (create a directory, etc.) happen the first time a user launches ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font Problem with Developer

It seems there is a bug in Developer 8.01 which is included with AdminStudio 5.0. If you try to open the properties of a font which is missing embedded version information, developer will crash with the following error:Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION (0x...