cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Hiding Dialogs with Tuner

I am using Tuner that is part of Admin Studio 6 to create a transform for an installation (Business Objects 6.5). My intent is for the end user to run the setup file, and not have to interact with the setup program at all. I am having two problems....

otaku91 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Undoing MST changes in Editor ?.

Hello,Is there a way of undoing changes made during MST creation ?.For example, I've just deleted a component and I can see all the rows crossed out in the Tables, no problem. Now I want to undo that because I deleted the wrong component.I can't see ...

InstallShield Design Philosophy?

Hello,I'm looking for some high level assistance on setting up my AdminStudio and individual project environments.We have a couple of developers creating code in VB6/.Net for inhouse use. We seem to be always creating new patches and versions of the...

Taking a snapshot and NT Services

Hi,I am attempting to repackage the IIS and SMTP Windows Components from the Windows XP with Service Pack 1 CD-ROM. The snapshot process is ok and I am able to edit my install shield project fine, but for some reason when I install the finished MSI f...

Create Major Upgrade and Patch

Hello,i have a Basic-MSI-Installation of our product version 1.0 that works fine. It was created with InstallShield DevStudio 9.0 German. Now i want to create a Major Upgrade to version 2.0 (Full Installation or Patch). How can i do this?Thanks

Convert MSP to an MSI file?

Is it possible to take an MSP file and "convert" it so that it runs as an MSI file?Long story short:MSP file requires a reboot, but it will NOT reboot the pc.I can install the MSIEXEC v3.0 and run the MSP file, but nothing will reboot the pc. The /fo...

kjhurni by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic repairs on advertised shortcuts

HiI have a general question about automatic repairs when clicking on an advertised shortcut. In almost every application I've repackaged there are registry keys in HKCU that needs to be applied during installation. They are always applied for the use...

_down_ by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 0

Hello,I'm make a MSI of one Installshield application.The name of this application is Racal Recorders Limited.All .exe run very good with msi installation. But there is one (Replay.exe), that when i go run this executable appear the next message: "Er...

AS6 SMS Web console

i have installed AS6. Thought great SMS web console, should make my life easier. If i start the web console there is only a white page. nothing, no error, not page not found just a blank page? Have i missed something? I noticed the first time that i...

Installation Changes file?

All,This humble InstallShield n00b asks for your help. As a former Wise Products user, I was used to having the Installation Changes HTML and TXT file created after each MSI. This showed all the file and registry changes made in the MSI. Does Admin...