cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

How do I stop the MSI running for each user?

Hi all,I'm trying to re-package some apps for use with the new SMS system we've just installed and am having trouble getting them to work correctly (probably due to the complete lack of training in Adminstudio). After installing the program with my n...

Snapshot Monitoring

Hello,how can I monitoring my drive with a snapshot?When I use the repackager snapshot, it only monitoring my drive C:How can I choose drive to monitoring.We use Admin Studio 7.0Thank you for your help

TemicNBG by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shortcut Missing

I run my install as an administrator on a users system. the shortcut shows up, there is an option in add and remove programs to remove the install. When the user logs in. The shortcut is gone, and the option to remove the application is also gone.HEL...

sloignon by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wow, is it really this broken?

Hi all, I just downloaded an eval copy of Admin Studio 7. I normally package in WISE but I am being subcontracted by a group that uses AdminStudio and have their QA procedures built around it. To familiarise myself I started with a very simple demo...

by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Install Privileges

Hi All,Does anyone know of a white paper about setting elevated install privileges for non admin users during an install?I have read a number of threads and knowledge base articles on how to do this and, to be honest, there seems to be a whole lot of...

Gibbopa by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

support for AdminStudio 7.0 SMS Edition?

We are having some issues with repackaging tool in the SMS Edition of AdminStudio 7.0Would anyone have information on what channels are available to support this edition.We have requirement to standardize packaging around the MSI format and would the...

Edit Installshlield Setup.exe

Hi,i am new to Admin Studio.I want to edit the executable of an installshield package (Sun Java Runtime Environment 'jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe'), to get the some parameters of the msi-file. Is this possible with adminstudio?Manfred

Ice33

When I fixed some ice33 errors I got some strange value data in the registry.E.g.[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ProgID\shell\open\command]command = N(-jI0{yY8kpGOg98jIY>)FCjK*O)G9imi$xJyEm) "%1"Anyone know what it is? Is it used for anything?