cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Manager Duplicate Person in Database

We have tool that we've developed that interacts with Workflow Manager. We have a people picker that sends the choice to WFM that has now broke after the user had a name change. In the database, in the AMS_Person table, we can see 2 records for said user. The only distinct values are PersonID and DistingushedName. Is there a way to force WFM to "clean" up records? Would it be OK for me to delete the record that is out of date? Ultimately, we have a work around for assigning the user via WFM's people picker directly. We're just trying to fix the ability for our tool to associate the correct Person.

(3) Replies

Hi @dcopher -

While Workflow Manager does support deleting (user) Accounts, it will only allow you to do so if that Account is not references in any previous workflow request, project, or template. Otherwise, it will break the reference and cause issues with reading and using those records in Workflow Manager.

You can instead disable the Account, which will prevent them from being assigned items within the Workflow Manager UI, among other things. More info on Disabling an Account found in the Product Documentation here.

I'm not sure how your custom tool operates, but I'd be weary of making change directly to the Workflow Manager database, as that would be outside the scope of Flexera's supported functionality.

Hope that helps to clarify.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

So, when a user's name changes, and the DN changes, but the UserAcount does not, how does the tool handle new app assignments vs old assignments? From what I can tell the tool is pointing to an account that cant resolve via AD lookup. (LDAP off of DN?)
I say this because when we look at older work assignments, the display name is "()"

Hi @dcopher -

Best to reach out to our Support team to get more details on your specific question.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!