cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge module creation: Correcting ICEM09 error

I've created a merge module for some controls that need to go into the SystemFolder. ICEM09 reports that I should create an alias for the SystemFolder path, but I can't seem to get an alias to work. I've tried creating the alias under 1) Property Manager, 2) Path Variables and 3) direct table manipulation.

Thanks for any insight.
(3) Replies
Hello Mark,

You will need to make an entry in the Directory table via the Direct Editor and set it to SystemFolder or you can just set the INSTALLDIR value under the Merge Module Properties section. INSTALLDIR is already defined in the directory table. Then, use that custom entry as the destination of you component.
I just encountered the same thing (ICEM09) and to more clearly state the resolution:

The Merge Module Properties, InstallDir field should be set to [SystemFolder], and the Component, Destination field must be set to [InstallDir].

I had the Destination field set to [SystemFolder], causing the ICEM09 error; as soon as I changed the Destination to [InstallDir] the problem went away.
Here is another solution: i looked into MSVCRT.MSM, and tried this method in my own MSM - enter a line in the Directory table like:

MYSYSTEMFOLDER | SystemFolder | .:MySystemFolder

Then you can select MYSYSTEMFOLDER as the component's Destination.
(You may check it in the "Files and Folders" view).

This will make disappear ICEM09. 🙂
Top Kudoed Authors