Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installshield Author

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi,

What exactly does "Warning: Not creating ServiceControl entries for Service: 'IPSECSHM' since the StartType is 3"?

I've been trying to repackage the Nortel Networks Contivity VPN Client v4.10 using the RePackager and everytime I ran and compile it using the Installshield AdminStudio v3.01's Author, I always get this warning. If I went ahead and create a SETUP.EXE or .MSI installer using the Release Wizard, there is always no errors. However when testing it, installation always stops with this error:

"Error 1923. Service Nortel IPSECSHM Adapter (Nortel IPSECSHM Adapter) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services."

In fact, I get similar errors whenever I repackaging any applications that creates Windows NT Services.

Any applications that doesn't create Windows NT Services worked like a charm (most cases).

Keep in mind I do have full control of the system.

I just spent $49.95 on this book "Application Repackaging and Software Deployment using Windows Installer" from InstallShield Press and that didn't help much. In fact not a whole lot of information regarding services.

Help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jeff
(1) Reply
Jeff,

Thanks for your question regarding the installation of Windows NT services. The Component Wizard from InstallShield Developer should be able to help you configure a Windows NT service. If you search the online help for Developer, it should help you get started with configuring NT services.

I also found some information about this in "Getting Started with InstallShield Developer and Windows Installer Setups" by Bob Baker.

Hope this helps.