cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribute to Config Manager (SCCM)

Hi,

I'm using Licensed/Activated AS 2022 and have a working Application Catalog, Package Feed Module and Connection to our Organization's SCCM. I'm able to distribute both Package Object and Application Object in SCCM.

I'm aware that I can set the OS requirement Deployment Types > Requirements. However, is there a way that every time I import a software/package in the Catalog it will automatically assign a OS requirement like Windows 10 64 Bit?

Also, where can I input the details for the Collection Name and Deployment Name? I noticed that these are NOT created Automatically after distribution.

Thanks in advance.

(1) Solution

Hi @normanperez 

There isn't a default Requirement that can be set to apply to every application as they are imported; this is because Requirements often differ across different applications so applying the same across isn't used often.  If the use case is to limit to what devices are deployed to for a given application based on OS, that would be done instead through the use of Query rules & Include \ 
Exclude collection rules within SCCM\ConfigMgr.  Let me know if there is another use case of which I'm not thinking; if there is a helpful use case for having a default value we can have it submitted to the AdminStudio Ideas page here.

AdminStudio does not create Collection or Deployments when it published application to ConfigMgr. It only creates the Application (or Package) itself to "stage" it for later distribution. With AdminStudio Enterprise and it's PowerShell Cmd-lets, you could have a custom PowerShell script that first calls AdminStudio to perform the publishing and then makes a call using the ConfigMgr APIs available to create the Collections and Deployment objects in one go. 

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi @normanperez 

There isn't a default Requirement that can be set to apply to every application as they are imported; this is because Requirements often differ across different applications so applying the same across isn't used often.  If the use case is to limit to what devices are deployed to for a given application based on OS, that would be done instead through the use of Query rules & Include \ 
Exclude collection rules within SCCM\ConfigMgr.  Let me know if there is another use case of which I'm not thinking; if there is a helpful use case for having a default value we can have it submitted to the AdminStudio Ideas page here.

AdminStudio does not create Collection or Deployments when it published application to ConfigMgr. It only creates the Application (or Package) itself to "stage" it for later distribution. With AdminStudio Enterprise and it's PowerShell Cmd-lets, you could have a custom PowerShell script that first calls AdminStudio to perform the publishing and then makes a call using the ConfigMgr APIs available to create the Collections and Deployment objects in one go. 

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

@moconn I do understand that each organization requires their own customization. For ours, controlling the requirement with a collection query is resource intensive as it runs regularly to update your dynamic collection contents. The OS requirement I mentioned is needed for an Application Object to be visible in Software Center without that the package will NOT appear.

Yes, you are correct we can use PS to manage the OS requirements, Collections and Deployments. Thank you.