cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Action...

I am trying to create a custom action that uninstall's Adobe Acrobat 5.05. What should "Executable Property" be? I have the following for the command line:

C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -a -m -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.dll"

When I run the install with the custom action configured as is, it generates an error in the Win2k application log:

Error 1721: A program required for the install to complete could not be run. Command: C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -a -m -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.dll"

How do I point to that uninstall string in my custom action? I need to implement this in a number of packages...

Thanks,

Bryan
(4) Replies
Search for following articles
on http://support.installshield.com/kb/

Q107579 - ERRDOC: Windows Installer Error 1721
Q107142 - ERRDOC: Windows Installer Error 1721

Make sure u follow whats explained.
Praveenl,

I have followed that document you mentioned in your reply to me. I have been unsuccessful in getting my custom action to work. I have attached a screen shot of the custom action. I still get an error of 1721.

Thanks,

Bryan
Pass '/' instead '-' .

e.g.

C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -a /m /f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.dll"

This probably should work.
Praveenl,

That still doesn't work. If I set the "Install UI Sequence" back to "absent from sequence", the package installs fine but of course doesnt run the custom action. It appears that either the sequencing or command line is incorrect. I know the command line works properly if run manually. I could send you the .msi if you like.

Thanks again for your help,

Bryan