cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - PFM_Automation.ps1

Hi,

I have AdminStudio 2022 and Package Feed Module licensed/activated/installed and working properly. I can also import/Publish to SCCM.

I'm looking into automating package feed module import, etc. I've seen the blog discussing about "PFM_Automation.ps1" which definitely exactly what I need. It's mentioned that we can do zero touch and have this run regularly.

Question - How are we going to get "PFM_Automation.ps1" run in a regular basis. Is it integrated in AdminStudio? Is there any technical documentation with regards to this?

I'm running AdminStudio and Package Feed Module on a MS Windows Server 2019 Standard. I can't remain logged in just to run the script on a regular interval. There's only a certain time that I can remain logged-in to the server then if that expires it will kick my session automatically.

Thanks in advance.

(1) Solution

Hi @normanperez -

The PFM_Automation script was our initial attempt to offer automation around the Package Feed Module when AdminStudio only supported one-off search and download of applications from the Package Feed within the Application Manager UI.

However, after we received further interest from customers around this automation, starting with AdminStudio 2020 release, we added the Backlog (formerly Automation) tab within the Application Manager UI to perform all the functionality the PFM_Automation PowerShell script had handled (and now more!) This way, you can set it up and let AdminStudio run without needing to update and maintain the PowerShell script.

Here's a blog post from our Product Management team on the Automation Backlog functionality when it was first added in AdminStudio 2020.

More info around the Backlog tab in the current version of AdminStudio can be found here.

The Application Manager would need to be running on the workstation\server that would be running the automation on a scheduled basis.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi @normanperez -

The PFM_Automation script was our initial attempt to offer automation around the Package Feed Module when AdminStudio only supported one-off search and download of applications from the Package Feed within the Application Manager UI.

However, after we received further interest from customers around this automation, starting with AdminStudio 2020 release, we added the Backlog (formerly Automation) tab within the Application Manager UI to perform all the functionality the PFM_Automation PowerShell script had handled (and now more!) This way, you can set it up and let AdminStudio run without needing to update and maintain the PowerShell script.

Here's a blog post from our Product Management team on the Automation Backlog functionality when it was first added in AdminStudio 2020.

More info around the Backlog tab in the current version of AdminStudio can be found here.

The Application Manager would need to be running on the workstation\server that would be running the automation on a scheduled basis.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

@moconn thank you for the support... the "Backlog" looks promising. Let me play with that feature and see if that will suit our organization's needs. I'm off to another adventure 🙂 Cheers...