cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is the next update to adminstudio being released and do we know what changes are made to go along with MSIX 

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The 2021 R2 release of AdminStudio has just been announced in the last few days. See the post here for details: AdminStudio 2021 R2.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

Today in AdminStudio you can:

• convert the legacy MSI/EXE package formats to MSIX format
  • test if your legacy MSI is a good candidate for conversion to MSIX format
  • digitally sign MSIX packages
  • publish MSIX packages to ConfigMgr and Intune
  • edit MSIX packages using the new tool  - MSIX Editor

While there are no enhancements that we have added to the above mentioned already existing MSIX capabilities in AdminStudio 2021 R2, I would love to hear from you if you are looking for any specific enhancement or a capability related to MSIX in AdminStudio or if you have any feedback that you would like to share with us.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The 2021 R2 release of AdminStudio has just been announced in the last few days. See the post here for details: AdminStudio 2021 R2.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Today in AdminStudio you can:

• convert the legacy MSI/EXE package formats to MSIX format
  • test if your legacy MSI is a good candidate for conversion to MSIX format
  • digitally sign MSIX packages
  • publish MSIX packages to ConfigMgr and Intune
  • edit MSIX packages using the new tool  - MSIX Editor

While there are no enhancements that we have added to the above mentioned already existing MSIX capabilities in AdminStudio 2021 R2, I would love to hear from you if you are looking for any specific enhancement or a capability related to MSIX in AdminStudio or if you have any feedback that you would like to share with us.

nice would be good to be able to edit more option in the Application Properties and definitely needed in the app Manifest part and visual Assets and  also there no option to add the timestamp in the with the cert also wondering if there any planning to be able to add desktop shortcuts to the desktop in msix

Appreciate your feedback @clmoore479.

We have been continuously improving the MSIX Editor other MSIX related capabilities in AdminStudio. Feedback like these helps us in prioritizing items in our backlog for implementation.

We encourage you to post your ideas or feature requests in our Ideas portal here - https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas?project=ADM