cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Standard Perpetual License

On my computers I have installed and activated version 23.0 of the AdminStudio software. To do this, I used one of the two licenses I see Flexera Product and License Center. Now I have noticed that both licenses visible there are in use by me. I see one in the AdminStudio application, one in the InstallShield application on my computer. In the Flexera Product and License Center, I also see one and the same Machine ID on which the two licenses are activated. Is this normal? Who actually belongs to the other license I see there? Can anybody help me with this issue?

(1) Solution

Hi @benatzky -

When you activate AdminStudio using your license's activation code as found in the Product and License Center, it will communicate back to Flexera, validate that the license is available, and send back a response that unlocks the software to be used for the length of the license subscription terms. More info around licensing in AdminStudio found in the product documentation here: https://docs.flexera.com/adminstudio2022/Content/helplibrary/VerificationOverview.htm

If you have purchased two AdminStudio licenses, then you can install and activate AdminStudio (which includes the InstallShield Editor) on two separate machines.  Activating AdminStudio on one machine would not impact your second license.

Your best bet would be to open a Case with our Support team and they can troubleshoot your licensing issue further.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi @benatzky -

When you activate AdminStudio using your license's activation code as found in the Product and License Center, it will communicate back to Flexera, validate that the license is available, and send back a response that unlocks the software to be used for the length of the license subscription terms. More info around licensing in AdminStudio found in the product documentation here: https://docs.flexera.com/adminstudio2022/Content/helplibrary/VerificationOverview.htm

If you have purchased two AdminStudio licenses, then you can install and activate AdminStudio (which includes the InstallShield Editor) on two separate machines.  Activating AdminStudio on one machine would not impact your second license.

Your best bet would be to open a Case with our Support team and they can troubleshoot your licensing issue further.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!