Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Evaluation Question

SonnyLee
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran

Hi,

My potential AdminStudio customer ask the following questions while going through the 21 day AdminStudio evaluation.  Can someone help?

I’m making a package which installs Only files and registries on Userprofile, so it is an per user installation.

But, I’m trying to use the evaluation version to install the app on user contexto but it is not getting me to install per user.

I’ve already make changes on:

1. AllUsers property with “2”.
  2. ApplicationUsers with “OnlyCurrentUser”
  3. Removed “Privileged” conditions on some custom actions.
  4. Set the package on summary information to not require admin rights.
  5. Set the package to show per user options.

But it didn’t get any changes on the package behaviour, it always ask me to run with admin rights.

Is that a limitation on Evaluation product OR its missing something to change on the package to make it ablw to be installed “by defatult” on user account without admin rights?

P.S. As there is no way to get only the msi to perform the installation on trial version, I’vent get a chance to use troubleshooting by command lines and log files....

There is no registries or files installing on machine paths..

(1) Solution

InstallShield, which is included in AdminStudio as the Editor tool, has it's own product help on our Revenera division's Product Documentation. There is an article on Per-User vs. Per-Machine Installations and what to take into account with both, found here

Per Microsoft's documentationAllUsers should be set to "" (empty)  to specify the per-user installation. Setting it to "2" is only for certain cases; in yours I would set it to empty.

The evalauation version of AdminStudio includes InstallShield that runs in evaluation mode.   InstallShield limits the build options in the evaluation mode to only Compressed MSI due to past abuse by some evaluation users.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

InstallShield, which is included in AdminStudio as the Editor tool, has it's own product help on our Revenera division's Product Documentation. There is an article on Per-User vs. Per-Machine Installations and what to take into account with both, found here

Per Microsoft's documentationAllUsers should be set to "" (empty)  to specify the per-user installation. Setting it to "2" is only for certain cases; in yours I would set it to empty.

The evalauation version of AdminStudio includes InstallShield that runs in evaluation mode.   InstallShield limits the build options in the evaluation mode to only Compressed MSI due to past abuse by some evaluation users.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!