cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Community

Error embedding SetupExe.Admin.Manifest

0 5 5931
Please, help!I have a few basic msi projects converted from IS 2008 to 2009. Two of them fail to be built due to an error: "fatal error -7160: Error embedding image resource into setup.exe" just after the step "Embedding manifest SetupExe.Admin.manif...
by pantana Level 3

Populating values into Combo Box

0 7 5803
Hi,I have created a new dialog and added a combo box control in it. The combo box should be populated from the text fileE.g Populate.txt (Which contains value in the format)OneTwoThreeeThe values should be populated when user clicks on the NEXT butto...
by Balaji_Vinu Level 5

XCopyFile Does Not copy Empty Sub-folder

0 3 4864
Hi,I am working on a Basic MSI project with InstallShield 2009. During installation, I need to copy a folder with hundreds empty sub-folders. But XCopyFile did not copy any of empty sub-folder.Here is the copy code:XCopyFile(szOrigFolder ^ "*.*", szT...
by founoflife Level 4

Caps Lock popup message hiding radio buttons

0 6 4412
Hi, I have a Radio button group with 2 radio buttons and password edit box. During the execution of the project, clicking on password edit box and pressing caps lock button twice hides the radio buttons. Is it a bug in the product? Thanks and Regard...
by vnsatwik Level 2

How to display version in MSI properties?

0 10 8749
When you right-click an MSI file and then click properties, certain information is displayed on the summary tab. I would like to display the version number from the "product properties" in InstallShield. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?I ma...
by Not applicable

Dynamic File Linking - Always Overwrite?

0 8 12625
I have a source folder of files/folders that is fairly dynamic and can change from build to build. So, I've used Dynamic File Linking to just have the install grab the content from there for packaging.Is there some way to make sure that all of those...
by loyalp Level 5

Build warning -6487

0 4 4018
When I build my new project (Basic MSI) I get this warning:ISDEV : warning -6487: If you intend to distribute this upgrade as a patch, you should author the 'Patch Optimization' setting on the Advanced Settings panel of the Release Wizard.I know ther...
by sandersonpj Level 5

Setup.exe does not launch

0 3 4144
Project Type: Basic MSII've created an installer with some InstallShield prerequisites. All the prereqs are installed and if they're not already they install as expected. However, after the last one is installed the Setup.exe never gets to the welcom...
by kaheohe Level 2