label-based-filtered-list

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community

search for xml value doesn't work - doesn't find a file

0 5 53
Hello,it's my first post on this forum, hope I'll write it correctly.So, I am trying to modify XML values.I am searching it in System Search Wizard - XML file Value. I am putting File Name; Look in (full path) and setting all other necessary fields....
by TheDarkDefender Flexera beginner

How to Prevent Changing the IIS Site Bindings During an Upgrade

0 0 26
Hello,If it is possible, how can I prevent the site binding for the web site I installed from changing during an upgrade?I configured my basic msi project to create an IIS web site with web apps services, app pools (each associated with its own compo...
by scook86 Flexera beginner

Download previous versions of InstallShield(Professional)

0 1 76
I have PC1 with InstallShield( 2015 SP2 Professional Edition) installed and I want to move it to PC2.but I don't have Install Shield 2015 Professional Edition installation File.so I want to get InstallShield 2015 Professional Edition installation Fil...
by illum_illum Flexera beginner

Issue when trying to transfer a license

0 1 31
Hello,I have purchased a license of InstallShield 2014 the 16 oct. 2014, and I have installed it on a VM.I don't want to use it anymore, and I want to transfer this license to a new VM. I tried to return the license via the "About" panel of InstallSh...
by PBUENO9 Flexera beginner

Allow for the Maintenance dialog to only have one option

0 6 171
I disabled Repair and Change for the install that affects Programs and Features in Control Panel but then went to the MaintenanceType dialog to do the same. Now with only one button on the screen, I get an error at runtime. How do I fix this? Than...
by MattQVI Active participant

PowerShell cmdlet get-property used in a Custom Action

0 1 155
SummaryHow-To Example on getting MSI property from PowerShell script using InstallShield 2015 or newerSynopsisIf you are using InstallShield 2015 or newer, you can use cmdlets, which will let you interact (get and set Windows Installer properties) wi...
by Flexera GeorgeK Flexera

Running a Batch File from Your Setup

0 1 277
SummaryThis article discusses how to launch a .bat file from a setup with Installscript.SynopsisThis article discusses how to launch a .bat file from a setup with Installscript. The article applies to Basic MSI, InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Pr...
by Community Manager acurry Community Manager

Setup will not create minor upgrade

0 5 174
Hello I am trying to create a new setup program that does a minor upgrade of a previous setup. This is failing on the build with the following error:ISDEV : error -6423: The project contains a Minor Upgrade item that references the setup C:\Users\de...
by emmanuelc Occasional contributor

Prerequisite prompts for reboot when I have it set up not to

0 2 99
New prerequisite that calls an executable to uninstall an much older version of a related product. After it completes, I am presented with the "would you like to reboot now" prompt even though I set the prerequisite to be /passive /norestart.

CustomAction to not reboot at the end of an install

0 4 128
Currently, at the end of my install the user is prompted with you might want to reboot. However, as this is happening the service and it's UI that I just installed is starting up. So I am looking to suppress the reboot dialog.I tried creating a Cus...

Returning a License

0 1 87
Hello, I wanted to return a license for InstallSheild Professional Edition however, I am not able to see the "Return" button after clicking on the Product List, Product Name . Can you please me urgently as to how I can return the license as I have ...
by dmcgloin Flexera beginner

InstallShield Triage and Preliminary Troubleshooting

0 0 165
Providing the necessary information to allow a Support engineer to begin troubleshooting your issue is one of the best ways to avoid delays. This article discusses what type of information to include and how to gather it when submitting an InstallS...
by Community Manager tony_flexera Community Manager