label-based-filtered-list

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community

Cannot open programs unless run as administrator

0 2 9627
Hi,I have made an installation packages (.msi and .exe). When I install these to XP they work fine. But when I install these to Win 7, I can't open the installed program without choosing "run as administrator".What do I need to change or add in my In...
by Hepokatti Pilgrim

SignTool Error

0 1 13837
I have InstallShield Express 2010, Version 16. I am on Windows XP. When I run Build CD Rom with the option set to compressed, I get the following errors as documented in the log file:SignTool Error: ISignedCode:ign returned error: 0x8007000BAn atte...
by Betty_Stephenso Pilgrim

Another version of this product is already installed

0 8 27294
I generated a InstallShield Express 2010 setup.exe file and install the product.Then I changed the version number from 6.01.0001 to 6.01.0002, and kept the product code, upgrade code the same. When I run the new setup.exe to do the installation, I ge...
by castleton Pilgrim

Relative path to Application Files

0 1 8145
Hi,I am creating an installer that needs to include a couple static (not generated by building my app) files that I have in a folder that is located in a standard (for us) relative position from the output folders of my application. I want to have th...
by drb147 Pilgrim

Install without uninstall

0 1 6755
Hello,I have an InstallShield project that works fine. My problem is that I must uninstall the previous level before installing updated files. Please share how to configure InstallShield where a user can install a newer version without uninstalling...
by david_dooner Pilgrim

Install SQL CE 4

0 1 11580
Hi there,I have written an application that requires SQL CE4. With ce4 there is both x32 and x64 versions of the application. So I am trying to create a package that caters for both.This is what I have so far.my 86 version my 64 bi...
by diverdan Pilgrim

Requiring reactivation which fails with error 20653

0 3 9930
I am an occasional user of Installshield 2010 Express Edition and after not using it for a few months I restart it and it wants to re-activate, which I have never seen before.Re-activation fails with error 20653 The number of activations allowed for...
by nickhoare1 Pilgrim

Incorrectly reported screen resolution

0 1 7931
Hi, I am running InstallShield 2010 Express and encountering a problem where the screen resolution on a Terminal Server is being reported incorrectly. I have enabled logging and seen the following in the MSIxxx.log fileProperty(S): ScreenY = 600Prope...
by markneedham Pilgrim

Problems changing [DATABASEDIR] in custom action.

0 1 6087
I am using InstallShield Express 2010 on Windows 7.In my project the default for [DATABASEDIR] isc:\Program Files\Company\Product\DatabaseDirI have a custom action that changes [DATABASEDIR] property based on a registry entry if it exists. I have tri...
by r_t_s_ Pilgrim

setup.exe file says "my company name"

0 1 3808
The setup.exe file produced shows as an Installshield icon (that's fine), the label "Setup Launcher Unicode" (that's fine), and the label "My Company Name" (not so fine). I have overwritten all the "My Company Name" items in the install dialog. How d...
by rewolfe Pilgrim

Silent mode stop in specific dialog

0 1 3042
Hi, I'm recording an installation with -r parameter.Now in a clean machine I run the installer with -s parameter to perform a silent installation.The problem: the installation always stops in a specific dialog.I check the iss file and this dialog don...
by Crandel Pilgrim

How do I force UAC to display

0 1 4971
I've tried ever setting combination imaginable in an effort to get the UAC dialog to pop up when a user with low privileges runs my setup.exe.Question 1: how do I force the setup to display the UAC dialog to inform a user they need admin privileges?Q...
by robbr2084 Pilgrim

Installing .Net 4.0 Framework during install

0 2 6905
Hi,I have Installshield 2010 Express and have an Install project in Visual Studio 2010. I would like to install the .Net 4.0 Framework during the install (if it is not already installed). I can include the Framework as a prerequisite, but only have...
by petewalburn Pilgrim

Cannot build SingleImage (worked yesterday)

0 9 14369
Today I am unable to build SingleImage distributions for several installations that built perfectly through end of work yesterday. Nothing was changed in the ISE files. I am running ISE 2010 on Win7x64. I have the latest Norton Internet Security with...
by MichaelN Pilgrim