cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

How do you tag someone else's post?

Jump to solution

The settings on posts imply they can be tagged by people who aren't the poster, but I can't figure out how - any clues are appreciated!

image.png

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Manager, Licensing Solutions
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do you tag someone else's post?

Jump to solution

Hi @Natalie! Thanks for the question - it inspired me to add an additional bit of functionality (more on that at the end.) Regarding your initial question, you can add tags to your replies to posts, but it won't surface the tags on the original post level. I have slated to tweak our forum roll-up design to surface recent replies - when we do this step (aiming for June) your reply-level tags will surface. 

The inspired new feature is the ability to at mention content. So now, in addition to at mentioning users, you can pull in any forum posts, Knowledge Base articles and/or blogs.  

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @Natalie! Thanks for the question - it inspired me to add an additional bit of functionality (more on that at the end.) Regarding your initial question, you can add tags to your replies to posts, but it won't surface the tags on the original post level. I have slated to tweak our forum roll-up design to surface recent replies - when we do this step (aiming for June) your reply-level tags will surface. 

The inspired new feature is the ability to at mention content. So now, in addition to at mentioning users, you can pull in any forum posts, Knowledge Base articles and/or blogs.  

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks @KPBussey ! I also finally noticed (fresh eyes?) that Add Tags is visible on posts but it's not in the hamburger menu, it's actually at the bottom of the post, on the left. Add Tags, lower left, if it was a snake it would have bit meAdd Tags, lower left, if it was a snake it would have bit me

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Manager, Licensing Solutions
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that
0 Kudos