cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens If I Exceed My Usage Intelligence Account Quota?

What Happens If I Exceed My Usage Intelligence Account Quota?

Every Usage Intelligence Subscription plan is allocated a quota for the maximum number of Unique Active Installations. An Active installation is a user who calls home at least once during your product's quota window. Once you reach your installation quota, Usage Intelligence will simply stop tracking any new users until the beginning of the following month. At this point, the quota is reset back to zero and data from new users starts being collected again.

Which Installations Are Tracked and Which Are Ignored?

The server operates on a first-come-first-served basis which means it will start accepting users until the account quota is reached. Once the quota is exceeded, any client that tries to call home to the server will be sent a 'backoff for x days' message which will impede the SDK from trying to contact the server for at least x days. During this period, all user activity data for this installation is lost and the client is not allowed to contact the server for any purpose including ReachOut in-app messages and license key checking.

What Are the Implications of Operating Over Quota?

When operating above quota, some reports might end up showing you a skewed perception of reality. The reason is that an active user which is being tracked during month 1 might end up being rejected during month 2 since new users would have taken all available slots. This means this client might end up showing as a lost lead when in fact he is still active, thus the number of lost leads will be greater than reality.

Likewise, the amount of reported new users will only show those users who managed to get an available slot before the quota was reached. Hence the amount of new users will not include those users who were rejected by the server.

If you operate over quota, the number of New/Active/Lost users will be skewed and so will the dashboard data related to net user gain, growth rate, new and lost evaluations, etc. The more users you have over quota, the more it will skew the results and this can cause substantial inaccuracy in all reports. It is therefore not recommended to allow your account to reach the maximum quota.

How Do I Check My Quota Usage?

You may check your quota and billing cycle dates at any time by logging in to your Usage Intelligence Product Dashboard, select Quota & Billing from the  the Administration menu, and then open the Quota Usage tab.

Labels (1)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 08, 2023 02:23 PM
Updated by:
Contributors