Highlighted
Active participant

How do I exclude retired devices from being included in software compliance?

I can't find an exemption in the license.

the below help page shows the asset status, so I'm assuming you should be able include or exclude the status that you want.  Can't figure out HOW to do this.

Properties for Inventory Devices on Apply Allocations and Exemptions Page"

https://cdw.flexnetmanager.com/Suite/Help/webhelp/index.html#topics/AllocExemption_InventoryDevProps...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: How do I exclude retired devices from being included in software compliance?

You would not use license exemptions for this scenario.

Instead, you should use the "Status" of the inventory device.  Once the status of the inventory device is changed from "Active" to "Ignored", any software installed on an ignored inventory device will be excluded from all License Consumption.

If the inventory device is linked to a Hardware Asset, then changing the status of the Hardware Asset to "Retired" or "Disposed" will automatically change the status of the linked inventory device to "Ignored".

Status values of Inventory Devices and Hardware Assets can be changed in the User Interface or through a Business Adapter.  A common practice for FlexNet Manager customers is to get a feed of asset status values from their CMDB.

Kirk

0 Kudos