cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The November 2019 update of the Spider Software Services is available.

All components are available in our Product and License Center.

Highlights

• Focus on Freeware Product Version in the Product Catalog 
  • Distinction of Microsoft Windows 10 Build versions during normalization.
    (Spider 6.4.3 will offer a Windows 10 Build installation report.)
  • Microsoft Exchange Connector for Exchange Server Edition detection is now included
  • Fix for Acrobat STD recognition for DC and 2017

Recognition Catalog

The Recognition Catalog contains normalization and recognition capabilities for more than

• 2.421.200 inventoried programs,
  • 78.147 software publisher,
  • and 5.634.300 inventoried files.

For more details please check the Recognition Change Notes document.

Software and SKU Catalog

TheSoftware Catalog contains more than 913.100 relevant and normalized articles (SKUs) of software licenses and maintenances and more than 57.200 license relevant product versions. 
Summary of the supplemented catalog items:

• Articles (SKUs): 6.916
  • Versions: 2.739

Spider Data Collector

The Spider Data Collector (SDC) provides a set of connectors to 3rd party inventory for an out-of-the-box collection of computers, software, users, virtualization and many more.

Please check the Spider Data Collector User Manual for a full reference of all connectors.

(4) Comments
ledeckyv
By
Level 6

Hello,
thank you for update. I am really looking forward to announced news.
Especially: 
Microsoft Exchange Connector for Exchange Server Edition detection is now included
Focus on Freeware Product Version in the Product Catalog

Is there a updated manual for Data Collector, how to set up MS exchange edition recognition? I only found manual for ver 1.1910
And how can I now see the list  of freeware and freeware installations?

Thank you

Vlad

jborchers
By Moderator Moderator

@ledeckyv 

Thank you for asking. Let me answer your questions:

The Microsoft Exchange Connector can be executed to gather the Exchange Server editions. as a separate file. Therefore the connector.xml config file needs a separate row.

<connector name="Microsoft-Exchange-Connector" subfolder="Microsoft-Exchange-Connector.ps1"  active="true" scriptname="Microsoft-Exchange-Connector.ps1"  uid="your uid" pwd="your pasword" sfx="_ Provide the suffix for the export file " dir=" Provide the full path to the export directory”/>

Freeware Products and Versions in the Product Catalog
With this update more freeware classified products and versions are published. The current version of Spider displays these new products and versions if selected via product or manufacturer. But there is no difference towards license relevant products. At the moment freeware products can be marked as freeware manually to avoid compliance calculation. With the next Spider update (version 6.4.3) freeware classified products will be displayed as freeware without compliance calculations.

The Data Collector manual will be updated with the December 2019 release.

ledeckyv
By
Level 6

Hello,
thank you for your answear, unfortunatelly MS Exchange connector after execution stays stuck and doesn't continue.
Created .swrd file doesn't contain any valuable data... 😞

Do you have any hints how to deal with that?

Thank you 

Vlad

jborchers
By Moderator Moderator

Hi Vlad,

Can you please open a support ticket. In parallel, I inform the engineering team about that unexpected behavior. I suggest a remote analysis to find the reason.

Best regards, Jan