The February 2021 update of the Spider Software Services version 1.2102.1.1417 is now available.
All components are available in our Product and License Center.
- Improved Microsoft 365 Enterprise E3 recognition: For Customers who do not see Microsoft 365 E3 subscriptions in the Azure data, but have licensed them, Spider creates the Microsoft 365 E3 subscription entries for the user who meets the requirements.
With this recognition, Spider can now assign the Microsoft 365 E3 to the assigned user (employee) and process the products it contains at the device level.
Background: Microsoft provides the data for Microsoft 365 E3 only under certain circumstances and with newer contracts. Older contracts do not have this subscription in the portal.
Furthermore, the Microsoft 365 Enterprise E3/E5 coverage definitions have been extended.
- The vCenter connector has been further improved. The connector will be updated automatically within the Spider Data Collector (SDC) update.
The new run parameter OnlyWindows controls that details are limited to running virtual instances with Windows as an operational system. Other virtual instances (e.g. Linux based system) are not included. The enabled details enable that Spider creates an Asset, based on the provided data.
The vCenter connector no longer delivers IP addresses based on identified problems.
For VDI infrastructures the vCenter connector only provides the hostname for device identification for Windows client operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10)
- A problem with the HEAT connector has been fixed.
- Spider Oracle Database Suite: The product mapping for GoldenGate (CPU) was added.
- The Device Type Identification process has been extended. Nuantix was added to ensure that virtual servers and virtual clients can be identified accurately.
The Recognition Catalog contains normalization and recognition capabilities for more than
- 2.713.200 inventoried programs,
- 100.300 software publisher,
- and 6.378.800 inventoried files.
For more details please check the change notes.
Software and SKU Catalog
The Software Catalog contains more than 1.025.000 relevant and normalized articles (SKUs) of software licenses and maintenances and more than 62.700 license-relevant product versions.
Summary of the supplemented catalog items:
- Articles (SKUs): 10.009
- Versions: 178
Spider Data Collector
The Spider Data Collector (SDC) provides a set of connectors to 3rd party inventory for an out-of-the-box collection of computers, software, users, virtualization, and many more.
Please check the Spider Data Collector User Manual for a full reference of all connectors.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.