Operations Manager: Change/Reset the password of the Admin account and/or of the token service
This article provides the steps to change the admin password or the ESI's token service.
You want to change or reset the password of the admin account or the ESI's token service for Spider.
To change the admin password or the ESI's token service please follow these steps:
- Open a webbrowser and navigate to the following address:
- Log in with the username admin (case sensitive!) and the password for ESI application server admin accounts you have been setting during the installation of brainwaregroup ESI Setups
INFORMATIONIf the password has been lost the automatically generated one-time-password can be used but this needs access to the ESIs file system
C:\Program Files (x86)\ESI\3rdparty\payara-4.1\glassfish\domains\index\config\local-password
This file contains a password that can be used once and will be re-generated each time the service starts
- Changing the admin password
After the log in navigate to /server-config/Security/Realms/admin-realm in the lefthand trree and click on Manage Users (5)
- Select the admin account from the File Users list
- Here you can change the password
- Changing the ESI token service account password
navigate to /server-config/Security/Realms/file in the lefthand tree and click on Manage Users (5) and
select the token service account name (which has been set during brainwaregroup ESI Setup) from the File Users list
- And again the password can be changed the same way than the admins
- The new token service account password might be changed as well in Spider LCM and Spider Incident
- Usernames are case sensitive!
Applies to ESI4