cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant reduction of SCCM file scans after Spider Software Services Upgrade

Hi

I made an update of my spider testsystem and have now significant differences between prod- and testsystem concerning SCCM file scanner.

When I Check Sofware-Services-connections - File contents

in my prod-system, I have a number of 10.6mio File scans

in the test-system, I have 6.7mio file scans.

Mr. Borchers mentioned in the Release blog, that

"The SCCM connector has been improved to reduce the size of the output file by avoiding irrelevant file scans."

But can this difference so big?

prod-system   software services  release 1.2001.1.720

test-system software services release 1.2003.2.810

(1) Solution

Thanks for asking. In fact, we have seen through the suggestions of customers that a large part of unneeded files (File Scan) is exported through the SCCM connector. The analysis has shown that with a few filters we have been able to effectively reduce the number of files, leaving out only those files that are ignored in the further process or even discarded during import. In your case, there are a good 3 million files that now need to be processed less, which is the same percentage as for other customers. By only omitting files that have no relevance for the detection of license products, no change in compliance is to be expected.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi,

I will check with the team and get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!

Thanks for asking. In fact, we have seen through the suggestions of customers that a large part of unneeded files (File Scan) is exported through the SCCM connector. The analysis has shown that with a few filters we have been able to effectively reduce the number of files, leaving out only those files that are ignored in the further process or even discarded during import. In your case, there are a good 3 million files that now need to be processed less, which is the same percentage as for other customers. By only omitting files that have no relevance for the detection of license products, no change in compliance is to be expected.