cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover deleted contract

Dear Community

I deleted a contract by mistake in Spider 6.4.

Is there a possibility to recover it?

Thanks

Erich

(1) Solution

Dear Erich,

Recovery is possible but there is more to it:

1. It needs to be done quickly from deletion date.
  2. You need to have access to the SQL DB.
  3. If procedure is done correctly, it will recover not only the contract but any attached objects to, ie Notes/Documents etc.

The items will be in SQL [Spider_Contract].[sosys].[RecycleBin]

If you look in the table, you find the object that you deleted. Important is the Transaction ID!

Then, you will need open a "New Query" from the Contract DB and run the following (NOTE: Replace with the ID from the Transaction ID in the RecycleBin table):

EXEC dbo.RecycleTransaction @transactionID= '#'

go

Once complete, you can check the Spider Web for the contract. It should be fully restored. Any questions, Please call support hotline and ask for me or email me direct and I can call you back.

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Dear Erich,

Recovery is possible but there is more to it:

1. It needs to be done quickly from deletion date.
  2. You need to have access to the SQL DB.
  3. If procedure is done correctly, it will recover not only the contract but any attached objects to, ie Notes/Documents etc.

The items will be in SQL [Spider_Contract].[sosys].[RecycleBin]

If you look in the table, you find the object that you deleted. Important is the Transaction ID!

Then, you will need open a "New Query" from the Contract DB and run the following (NOTE: Replace with the ID from the Transaction ID in the RecycleBin table):

EXEC dbo.RecycleTransaction @transactionID= '#'

go

Once complete, you can check the Spider Web for the contract. It should be fully restored. Any questions, Please call support hotline and ask for me or email me direct and I can call you back.

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!
HI James,

thanks a lot - it worked fine.

Best regards
Erich