cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metering: Report for Assets without metering

Hello,

the metering dashboard says there are xx Assets (x %) without metering. How can i investigate an asset "witout metering" to clear the situation. I cant find a way to "visit" such an asset. I also can't find a report "number of assets without metering" in the pull down menue of the results.

help or tipp is appreciated.

best regards

hans

(1) Solution
Hello James,
now it works. Coloumn "metering" is active and useful.
On short follow up:
1. What is the meaning of coloumns "users" and "days"?
best regards
Hans

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

Hi Hans,

Just a thought. Perhaps in the Asset Management > Asset, add the Metering coloumn and group the Metering assets?

I will ask about the report.

sa_metering_feld.png

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!
can't add "Metering" like you did. It's not offered.
best regards
hans

Hi Hans,

I trust you are  familiar with the "Spider Admin". This is out of the Knowledge Base.

To allow to search for metering data please follow these steps:

1. Open the Spider Admin Tool
  2. Open the Asset > Config
  3. Goto Spider\Asset\Kernel\AssetSearch
  4. Change the ViewName from wrkSearchAsset to wrkSearchAsset_Metering
  5. Goto Spider\Asset\Kernel\SoftwareSearch
  6. Change the ViewName from wrkSearchSoftware to wrkSearchSoftware_Metering

Customized Views

Do not change this view if you have a customized view (different name than above)

To be able to use the Asset search with links to the assets a Search Definition for wrkSearchAsset_Metering has to be defined:
Asset > Search Definitions > Add

sa_metering_searchdefinition.jfif

If you get stuck, let me know and I will go through it with you.

KB: How to a search for metering data in Spider 

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!
Thanks James, will try this out. But this needs a bit of concentration. will come through this evening or tomorrow morning. best regards, hans

Hi Hans,

No problem. If you do struggle, don't forget that you have a support plan with Flexera. Open a Case and we'll give you a call at the earliest availability.

Kind regards,

James Ellis

Hello James,
now it works. Coloumn "metering" is active and useful.
On short follow up:
1. What is the meaning of coloumns "users" and "days"?
best regards
Hans
Hi Hans,

Could you show me a screenshot where those columns are?

Kind regards,
James Ellis

James, please see the pic below:

Hi Hans,

The 'User' is the count of users of that software and 'Days' is the count of days measured/recorded.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

James Ellis

hello James,

i partially get it.

please look at the first two rows of the metering in the screenshot. As it is device based  ("Asset no.") you precisely count the user per device and if there are more than one user you name the last one, right? would make sense when monitoring Terminal-Server.

Is it the same with "days"? how do you read "2 days". What is the meaning of two days if it says "last used" = 04/16/2020. Is there a second day of usage you can't display in the report that is before "04/16/20202"?

best regards

hans