Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: How to get rid of file inventory

Jump to solution

In addition to my earlier post, I add the following enhancement request for Spider:

Recognized products that only result from the file area should be ignored for the Spider synchronization in the software assignments. This should be adjustable via a tenant setting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution
Hi Jan,
thank you for this enhancement request!
What will be the impact, if this would be a general tenant setting? My first thought was that this need to be set by product and tenant, because different products will be installed differently and some will be present in add remove programs and some only in the file system, but will still create license demand.
Cordially,
Tom
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution
Thank you Jan,
I'll test it out and keep you updated.
Cordially,
Tom
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @jborchers 

just finished a remote session on the system. We added the program path to the OEM click-to-run version of office as custom filter, ran LMP and re-calculated compliance - but no change in license consumption at all.

Would it be possible that we together could take a look at the system, because currently the customer is not amused about the MS Office compliance being so far off.

Cordially,
Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi Tom,

If not already done so.

Could you please open a new support case with the details of the problem and either myself or my colleague can assist.

Please include details such as version of Spider and Recognition and anything else that will help.

Kind regards,

James Ellis
Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!
0 Kudos