cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic deletion of outdate inventory data (Spider)

Are the inventory data automatically deleted after you discard the computer?
In other words, are the inventory data automatically deleted at the end of the lifecycle or is this done by order?

Is there a trigger to initiate the deletion of old inventory records from the spider asset module? Looking for best practice how to remove the data automatically.

BR, Stephanie

(2) Solutions

As far as I know Spider do not delete invetory data collected by a scanner.  You can set the Asset Status to e.g. archived or inactive. Furthermore you can configure Spider to set the Asset Status automatically to inactive, after x days of inactivity (scan date / Update date of the asset) in the Mandator Options. 

2019-10-14 11_25_25-Window.png

Or you can use the Common Core Services (Interface Jobs) to set an Clearing Service in place.

View solution in original post

Hi Stephanie,

Spider does not delete anything. As Markus mentioned, you can set an inactivity day, or set the status yourself.

If you want to delete Asset with FU, this is easiest and best done via Bulk Import / Mehrfachimport (Please check you have the permissions in Spider for this option) in Asset Management > Asset > Bulk Import > Import Data Sheet with assets you want to delete > Import mode / Importmodus > Delete.

Regards,

James (Spider Support)

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

As far as I know Spider do not delete invetory data collected by a scanner.  You can set the Asset Status to e.g. archived or inactive. Furthermore you can configure Spider to set the Asset Status automatically to inactive, after x days of inactivity (scan date / Update date of the asset) in the Mandator Options. 

2019-10-14 11_25_25-Window.png

Or you can use the Common Core Services (Interface Jobs) to set an Clearing Service in place.

Hi Markus,

thanks for your quick response. We will consider your solution/suggestion.

Thanks!

BR
Stephanie

Hi, 
may I ask you, do you have any clue, how to do it with CCS?

Thank you

Vlad

@ledeckyv  Hi Vlad,

You have to create a view on the Customer DB, which contains the Assets to delete. This view must follow the structure of the bulk import tables you use within Spider itself.

Than you can configure a new Interface Job with at least one XmlOutput Task. In the table Interface_XmlOutput you specify the Task e.g. to use the created view.

Do you have the CCS documentaion? Should be available on the Flexera/Spider-Homepage.

Regards Markus

Hi,
Thank you for a hint , I have never created Interface Job 😄
For CCS, I haven't found a manual 😞
Thank you
Vlad

Hi Stephanie,

Spider does not delete anything. As Markus mentioned, you can set an inactivity day, or set the status yourself.

If you want to delete Asset with FU, this is easiest and best done via Bulk Import / Mehrfachimport (Please check you have the permissions in Spider for this option) in Asset Management > Asset > Bulk Import > Import Data Sheet with assets you want to delete > Import mode / Importmodus > Delete.

Regards,

James (Spider Support)

Like the answer, please remember to "Accept as solution". Keep the Kudo's coming!

Hi James,

thanks for your quick response. We will consider your solution/suggestion.

Thanks.

BR
Stephanie