cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view or work only with 'Secunia' patches in advance

We currently have in WSUS other third-party vendors so we have many patches shown in Flexera SVM with much lower performance when go there for information or execute any other action (Edit, Delete, etc).
We would like to be able to select and view or work only with 'Secunia' patches in advance so we do not get slow response from Flexera SVM:
This is in Menu-->Patching-->WSUS/System Center-->Available
As a customer, I would like to have an option to query only for SVM created packages in Available view. There is a need to add a checkbox to filter by SVM packages or provide vendor drop down.
Thank you

(1) Solution

Created as idea SVM-I-91. Thank you.

WSUS Management Tool works even slower than from the console so in this regard it is not working as good as expected. Let's wait for the idea to be implemented 🙂

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Thank you for this. We may be able to offer a generic capability here, but due to the nature of WSUS patches, it may not be possible to reliably identify the source in all cases. If you wouldn't mind submitting this as an Idea for voting/prioritization, it would be appreciated. 

Also, have you seen our WSUS Management Tool from the SVM Toolkit? It offers some data that the web UI does not so you may wish to check that out. 

Created as idea SVM-I-91. Thank you.

WSUS Management Tool works even slower than from the console so in this regard it is not working as good as expected. Let's wait for the idea to be implemented 🙂

WSUS is not known for its speed and it sounds like you have a pretty heavy patch load. Unfortunately, any tool can only show information as fast as WSUS can deliver it, but I think the situation does a good job of communicating your challenge. We may well need to see about only requesting the patches you seek versus filtering them from the list in the UI. Thanks for taking the time to submit the idea!