cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML file for Mimecast for Outlook 7.x

Hi all,

I am a newbie with Flexera and I am trying to package Mimecast for Outlook 7.x. Currently this update is highlighted grey in my application list which I know it means that it is not a silent install but the customer would still like this to be packaged.

At the time of packaging Mimecast, it requires an XML file to be attached and was wondering if anyone out there can please assist me on either forwarding a XML file specific to Mimecast or provide info on how to create one as I am not a packager so any help would be appreciated.

Without the XML file, it does not let me proceed with the next step to publish it to WSUS.

Many thanks in advance.

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the world of Flexera!

What Flexera product are you using here? I suspect this post may not be in the best forum to connect with people who are familiar with the product you're working with.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

You could be right, the product am using is: Software Vulnerability Manager Build 210901

If this is the wrong forum, then please advise which forum I should post it to or send me a link if that is easy.

Thank you.

Chet.

No worries - I have moved this thread to the forum for Software Vulnerability Manager topics.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
raslam
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi, 

Please have a look at the below URL to understand the process of creating a custom package, for example in your case. The customer can download the executable installer from the vendor website, use the silent switches for installation, and place it according to the article below.  

https://community.flexera.com/t5/Software-Vulnerability-Manager/How-To-Create-Custom-Package-And-Deploy-It-As-New-Installation/ta-p/4896

Please Note: We don't provide support for custom packages because the customer has to do it by themselves.