cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgu_jndata_dk
Flexera beginner

Re: We Still Want Your Ideas about Software Vulnerability Management Products!

Report enhancement ideas:

-> emailed report should include report name in the email subject

-> attached report zip file should also include report name

-> SVM should be able to send report to an email without providing login credentials

Moderator bkelly Moderator

Great suggestions, thank you!
0 Kudos
henry_kumagai
Flexera beginner

For SVM, the ability to import hosts (or other items) from a list to Smart Groups -- Recently I created a group of 70 hosts. It was a very manual process of 1) searching for a hostname 2) clicking the check box to add to group 3) repeat 69 times.

I would like to create Smart Groups with more hosts, but don't want to do it manually. Importing from a list would make it much easier. The ability to leverage Active Directory security groups or SCCM collections to create smart groups would be awesome too.

segilbert70
Occasional contributor

Re: We Still Want Your Ideas *SVM Cloud*

Conversely, would you mind sharing what things about SVM Next encouraged you to move away from SVM 2019 (which is also available in the cloud)?

The choice was made by my predecessor, but I believe it had something to do with API capabilities.

We automatically clean up hosts that have not reported in 90 days, which is the most common ask, beyond this we'll lean on our documented API to handle such operations. 

Really?  I was not seeing that.  Regardless, between PC refresh, and hot swaps for repairs, we are doing about 3000-4500 change outs a month.

Community Manager RDanailov Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: We Still Want Your Ideas *SVM Cloud*

@segilbert70 

SVM Support Team has several API scripts that can be used to clean up stale hosts from account database in specific cases such as yours is. As the 90 days default cleanup period may come too long to wait for purging stale entries, do feel free to open a support case with us and we will gladly share our API scripts with you, to help you automate cleanup procedures in a more frequent manner. Would this be of any help to you?

Regards,
Rosen
"To understand where a system breaks, one should think like the person who built it"
0 Kudos