cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update: Please Use Ideas Portal Beginning December 2020] We Still Want Your Ideas about Software Vulnerability Management Products!

bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

[IMPORTANT UPDATE: 9 December 2020] Great news - Our Flexera customer and partner community now have a direct opportunity to share ideas and participate in future feature planning.   Learn more and add your ideas via the Ideas Portal moving forward. Please note if you have added an idea to this discussion, we will migrate the idea to the new portal and notify you once it's been done. Thank you to everyone for active participation! 

---------------------------------------------

You may notice that we don’t currently have a replacement for the Ideas functionality here in the new community. This is temporary-- we are planning to launch ideation as a feature of this new community later this summer. In the meantime, please this discussion forum to continue to provide product feedback on Software Vulnerability Manager (SVM) and Software Vulnerability Research (SVR). Please don’t worry about reposting ideas you may have previously submitted; when the ideation capability is reintroduced here it will include any feedback you may have previously provided.

(83) Replies

Thanks @RDanailov . Worry not, I'm monitoring the forums and captured the feedback. I'm hoping to have our ideation capability up soon which will be much better than this, but I actually prefer individual forum topics over one large thread like this because the back and forth becomes a bit hard to follow with several topics going on in a single thread.

Yes, you're correct, this is for Installshield. Wrong location, sorry about that.

Dear Support,

the SVR products Support it. The Cloud Version doesn't. This is one of our Security requirements to Setup third Party Logins with sensitive Information only with SSO.

Can this be added for future please?

Regards

Lukas

To clarify, SVR supports SSO. SVM 2019 (either hosted or on-prem) does not support SSO today, but it is indeed planned and something we are working to deliver. Thanks!

This is a requirement for us as well.   

Flexera's current setup for SSO does not seem to work with our system as well.   It has been a trial to get this incorporated.   We've gone through a lot of conversations between Support and our SSO team.   After several months we have still not resolved it. 

These days Security is the Driver to Choose products. The Clients push companies for various certifications. We are pushed to use SSO for all our Cloud Services at the end. This add the additional layer of Security and avoid a Password of a generic account been lost and easy compromised.

When publishing from a template, the package name does have outdated version number and severity.
Can a variable be added to automatically use the current version number in the package name?

This is not a current capability, but it is a good idea and we are looking into it now. Thank you

Hi @bkelly,

A customer of ours requested us to add "Decline" function at the message which announces successful publishing of a package. At the moment this provides the option to "Close" or "Approve Packages". "Decline" is needed too.

Customers could make good use of "Decline" optionCustomers could make good use of "Decline" option

Many organizations set their WSUS to automatically approve Microsoft Defender definition updates (classified as "Security"/"Critical" updates) to all hosts, which also captures our packages since they are with the same classification as Windows Defender definition updates.

As WSUS is not as flexible as SCCM, many customers must rush to Decline updates from "Available", and it's an update-by-update requirement. If sometimes the admin gets distracted, the result would be that the update is advertised and deployed to recipients outside of the test pilot group which could cause problems.

Essentially, we (and our customer) would love to see the "Decline" option to facilitate more convenience for the users and give them an instant option to "Decline" updates.  

Regards,
Rosen
"To understand where a system breaks, one should think like the person who built it"

Watch for a new WSUS Managment tool in the SVM Blog later this month. It will provide extensive support for managing WSUS in a client side tool (as an alternative to the console) and will include the ability to decline updates.

wsus-decline.jpg

Our WSUS is bypassed and management is only in SCCM. Are you planning any changes in this area as well ?

cheers

Lukas

One need not use WSUS. Many customers leverage WSUS capabilities exclusively through SCCM. Is there something specific you are seeing as an issue?

[IMPORTANT UPDATE: 9 December 2020] Great news - Our Flexera customer and partner community now have a direct opportunity to share ideas and participate in future feature planning.   Learn more and add your ideas via the Ideas Portal moving forward. Please note if you have added an idea to this discussion, we will migrate the idea to the new portal and notify you once it's been done. Thank you to everyone for active participation! 

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.

Once you have made a template for a 3rd party application. There should be an easy way to set that update up for recurrence, so that when a new update comes out it automatically pushes the newest version down to you SCCM server.

Agreed! We have plans to provide just that. I cannot offer a release date here but can assure you it is a well known need that we intend to deliver. 

For the moment you only provide csia agent for Redhat.

It would be useful to support other distribution like Suse.

While offering an agent for Suse would not be a significant effort, producing research for the agent to rely upon is. That said, we are weighing which distribution(s) would be highest demand should we expand beyond RHEL, so this feedback is appreciated!

Do you plan to support the possibility to choose the correct Windows 10 builds while we create Smart groups?

For the moment we can only choose Windows 10 as a generic option, but we cannot select for example 1511,1703,1709,1803,1809,...

Hi @sebastien_dorc,

This is a fantastic request and I salute you for sharing it here with us. 
Actually, to enable this functionality, we will need to make changes to our software detection rules and not that much to Smart Groups. We can research internally the possibility of adding more specific version detection rules for Windows 10 builds. Please allow me a few days to check internally if we can deliver this and I'll let you know. 

Thanks!

Regards,
Rosen
"To understand where a system breaks, one should think like the person who built it"

Hi @bkelly,

WSUS is displaying the available configured Computer groups in alphabetical order.
Our SVM does not list the groups in the same way alphabetically.
A customer contacted us requesting us to make SVM show groups alphabetically. 

Regards,
Rosen

Thank you, I will look into if there is any logic behind the current ordering but alphabetical seems appropriate (particularly if that is how it is shown in WSUS).