Some users may have issues creating a community account See more here.

sbristow
Active participant

Update fails to download in SCCM

Jump to solution

I have publish a package, sync’d software updates. The update appears in all software updates but when I try to download it fails.

I have checked the path to WSUS and the file is available.

I Tried to create the same package again but same issue

I’ve connected to the wsus database from Flexera WSUS Management tool and can see the updates created.

I noticed the Flexera Software vulnerability Manager Patch Daemon keeps stopping

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sbristow
Active participant

I raised a call on this and the engineer went through the problem. 

We found it was McAfee on access scanning that caused the problem.

Exclude SCCM-Packages\updates from McAfee scanning.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
raslam
Flexera
Flexera

Hi, 

Can you please elaborate a little more about the error you are getting while downloading the package from the SCCM package creation wizard? This will help us guide you on how you can resolve the issue. 

-Raheel 

0 Kudos
sbristow
Active participant
from SCCM console, under all software updates. I right click my update and choose download. I choose the package and point to the WSUS contents folder. The process bar starts then I receive error 17138911
0 Kudos

That's better if you share the error screenshot since we cannot find this error code. 

-Raheel 

0 Kudos
sbristow
Active participant

please see attached

0 Kudos

Please try to run the SCCM console(right click run as admin) as an admin and then try again? 

-Raheel 

0 Kudos
sbristow
Active participant

yes I have tried this but it still doesn't work

0 Kudos

Do you have any antivirus service or firewall running on that machine? It seems like it is blocking the download from happening. Please try to stop the antivirus or firewall service and then test again? 

-Raheel 

0 Kudos
sbristow
Active participant

This hasn't been an issue in the past. I have published Firefox, Chrome and Adobe packages within the last month.

0 Kudos
sbristow
Active participant

I have just tried Chrome, Adobe Reader 2017 and Firefox. Only Firefox downloaded successfully. I have attached the error from Chrome

0 Kudos
sbristow
Active participant

I raised a call on this and the engineer went through the problem. 

We found it was McAfee on access scanning that caused the problem.

Exclude SCCM-Packages\updates from McAfee scanning.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos