cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Vulnerability Manager not receiving Advisories

We noticed error messages in the system logs and that the cron-scheduled tasks haven't been working for a while (years). After making some amendments and pointing to current DNS servers the jobs are running now, but we do not receive files from the synchronization server https://sync.secunia.com. Connect establishes however no files are received. An older post mentions that the IP needs to be white listed by Flexera in order to work? Because of the long time this hasn't been working, it's difficult to review changes to firewalls or proxies that may have had an impact. I appreciate any help. Thank you Stephan
(1) Solution
RDanailov
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi Stephan, This is correct - your server would fail to download advisories unless we white-listed its correct IP address. You can check what is the current IP address of this server with quick command: > dig +short myip.opendns.com @resolver1.opendns.com Please make a note of the current IP address and send email to support@flexera.com including it. We will gladly help you further with this and anything else that might be required to get your server running. Thanks!
Regards,
Rosen
"To understand where a system breaks, one should think like the person who built it"

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
RDanailov
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi Stephan, This is correct - your server would fail to download advisories unless we white-listed its correct IP address. You can check what is the current IP address of this server with quick command: > dig +short myip.opendns.com @resolver1.opendns.com Please make a note of the current IP address and send email to support@flexera.com including it. We will gladly help you further with this and anything else that might be required to get your server running. Thanks!
Regards,
Rosen
"To understand where a system breaks, one should think like the person who built it"
Thanks Rosen, that did the trick. I appreciate the quick help. Cheers
Hi Stephan, Thank you for your feedback, I am very glad to hear the good news. Please mark my previous reply as 'Solution' when time allows you to do so, so that other peers can re-use it. Thanks!
Regards,
Rosen