Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Oracle JRE Install

Jump to solution

My company has just purchased a license for Oracle Java and I am trying to put a package together to update our clients. I have downloaded Oracle JRE 271 and created a package to deploy from SCCM Flexera.  The install fails and I was thinking it was due to the download being an .exe. Do I need to change this into another format ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Re: Oracle JRE Install

Jump to solution

The template used to create a new package does not have the VAR install silent "";

Once I added this all worked well. I was inserting the silent switch in the VAR options "";

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Hello Stephen, 

The package installation fails can be caused by many things.  In order to investigate further, please send us the secuniapackage log from the following location C:\Windows\SecuniaPackage.log.This forum post also created the following ticket 02264475 in our ticking system. You can also upload the log file via your Flexera community account > Cases>02264475.  

Please note:  

The Oracle JRE deployment-ready package is available in our vendor patch module packages. We have checked your account and apparently, your account doesn't have Vendor patch module entitlement.  For more details, please have a look at the introduction article of the Vendor Patch module below. 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/Software-Vulnerability/Introducing-the-Vendor-Patch-Module/ba-p/109...
java.PNG

The  SVM  Vendor Patch Module can now provide over a thousand patches out of the box, as well as details on more than a thousand others to help you create even more patches faster.

Regards,

Raheel 

Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

The log file as not updates since 27/10/2020

I followed "How-To: Create Custom Package And Deploy It As New" when creating the package but this fails to install . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

The template used to create a new package does not have the VAR install silent "";

Once I added this all worked well. I was inserting the silent switch in the VAR options "";

View solution in original post