cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Availability (failover/DR) Possibility

Hi,

I am looking for possibility to have high availability for SVM virtual appliance. Is there a way in Flexera, or we would need hyperv or VMware vMotion capabilities to achieve this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq
(4) Replies
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

It depends upon just what you mean by High Availability. We do offer a cloud version where we host SVM 2019 in AWS (as opposed to on-prem). If you mean you would like to use your own virtual infrastructure to have High Availability on-prem, I'm sure it could be done but it would be up to your implementation versus anything we'd be able to provide. Please let me know if that does not sufficiently answer your question. 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am looking at the possibility of on-prem SVM high availability. Can we achieve it from solution or we need to make use of Hyperv replication or vMotion?
Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq

In order to enable High-Availability (HA) for an on-prem installation of SVM 2019 you would need to do this locally with your on-prem virtualization hosting solution.  This would normally be accomplished using the VSphere HA utility provided by VMWare.

Dear Belly,

Thanks a lot

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq