Highlighted
Active participant

Empty resource_id when querying the Bill Analysis API

Hello, 

I'm running into a small problem when querying the Bill Analysis costs/select end point. I'm specifying the `resource_id` as a dimension to be returned but when looking at the data received from the endpoint, the `resource_id` for each item in the `rows` array is an empty string ( "" ). Is there some request parameter that I need to include to have this value returned? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan 

14 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Empty resource_id when querying the Bill Analysis API

Hi Ryan

You can find the dimensions available using the get cost/dimension api call found here
https://reference.rightscale.com/bill_analysis/?url=swagger_adj.json#/costs/costs_dimensions

Let me know if that helps.
Highlighted
Active participant

Hi egonzalez, 

Ok, so that certainly explains why including the `resource_id` to the dimensions didn't produce the result that it used to. It looks like that's no longer a valid dimension.  So previously `resource_id` used to, for AWS EC2 instances, provide an id for a given instance. It looked something like: 

EC2 Instance: i-[\w\d]{17} # which basically "i-" followed by 17 letters and / or numbers

EC2 Volume: vol-[\w\d]{17} # "vol-" followed by 17 letters and / or numbers

Would you happen to know where else I could access this information? 

Thanks!

Ryan 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

Hello, 

Just wanted to touch bases and see if any progress had been made on whether or not it was still possible to get the information contained in the  previously available "resource_id" dimension via some other mechanism or API?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

Hi @egonzalez ,

Not sure if I was doing the replies right or not, but I wanted to reach out and see if the information that was previously provided by the `resource_id` dimension is available in some other way? 

Thanks!

Ryan 

0 Kudos