cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 136

Error 136

Summary

Error 136: Could not copy file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My InstallShield Professional Projects\My Setup Project\Script Files\setup.inx' to ' ± .' "The system cannot find the file specified."

Symptoms

When attempting to build an InstallShield project, you might receive the following build error:
Error 136: Could not copy file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My InstallShield Professional Projects\My Setup Project\Script Files\setup.inx' to ' ± .' "The system cannot find the file specified."

Cause

This build error occurs if the setup.inx file is missing from the Script Files directory, and the Build Setting option to "Compile before build" is deselected. If this option was selected, the compile would recreate the setup.inx in the Script Files folder, and the build would not give the error.

Resolution

To avoid the build error, either compile the script before building or turn on the ?Compile before build? setting by following these steps:

1. Select Build > Settings.
  2. Select the Compile/Link tab.
  3. Select "Compile before build" and click OK.

User-added image

4. Rebuild the project.

Additional Information

For further information about other build errors, see the InstallShield Professional Help topic Build Errors and Warnings.

Labels (1)
Was this article helpful? Yes No
0% helpful (0/1)
Version history
Last update:
‎Oct 31, 2007 06:20 PM
Updated by: