cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate an InstallShield Node-Locked License

How to Activate an InstallShield Node-Locked License

Summary

This article includes steps regarding how to activate an InstallShield Node-Locked License.

Synopsis

This article includes steps regarding how to activate an InstallShield Node-Locked License.

Discussion

To activate your InstallShield Node-Locked license:
1. Launch the InstallShield application.
2. Enter your product serial number in the following format (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).
3. Click the Activate button.
If the activation process fails:
1. Select the offline activation option. An offline activation request will be generated.
2. Save the offline activation license.request file.
3. Click the Next button.
4. The next dialog should indicate that an offline transaction is pending.
5. Go to the following website to process your offline activation request: www.installshield.com/offlineactivation
6. Click the Choose File button and browse to the license.request file that you recently saved.
7. Click the Process button.
8. Save the activation.xml file.
9. Launch the InstallShield application, once again. The Offline Activation dialog should be displayed.
10. Click the Load button and browse to the activation.xml file you recently saved.
11. Click the Activate button.
12. Click the Finish button.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
0% helpful (0/1)
Comments

The instructions seem excellent but I got to step 9 and the activation file says it failed "That activation request yields no right to a license." which is nonsense.  I have the original email from Revenera containing the license code and it is correct.  Repeated the steps leading up to that point 3 times but every one gave the same error.  I'm stuck again.

Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 27, 2018 10:47 PM
Updated by: