SummaryTips on how to troubleshoot a 1926 error
SymptomsWhen running an installation, a 1926 error message may occur referring to insufficient privileges.
CauseThis issue may occur due to one of the following reasons...
- The user account or group does not have the Full Control permission on the hard disk drive where you want to install.
- The directory you are targeting does not have read and write permissions
- This error can occur if the system and/or user temporary (temp) files are being written to a directory that does not have sufficient free space.
ResolutionThe following steps can help resolve these issues...
- To grant the user account or group the Full Control permission to the hard disk where you want to install, you can look at the following MSDN article.
- To make sure the directory has the right permissions, you can look at the following MSDN article.
- You can target a new drive that has more hard drive space or take a look at the following MSDN article for tips on how to free up more hard drive space.