Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Warning -7235

Build Warning -7235

Summary

Build Warning -7235

Synopsis

When building an InstallShield Express project, the following warning may occur:

ISEXP : warning -7235: InstallShield could not create the software identification tag because the Tag Creator ID setting in the General Information view is empty.

Discussion

By default, software identification tagging is enabled in all Express projects. This applies to new projects created with InstallShield Express, as well as projects that were upgraded from earlier versions of the InstallShield Express Edition.

If you build a release in an Express project without entering data in the required software identification tag setting (the Unique ID, Tag Creator, and Tag Creator ID settings in the General Information view), and you leave software tagging enabled in the project, the build warning -7235 occurs. This build warning explains that the software identification tag could not be created and included in the installation because a specific required setting was left blank.

To resolve this warning, enter an appropriate value in each specific setting, or set the 'Use Software Identification Tag' setting in the General Information view to 'No'.

Related Documents Including a Software Identification Tag for Your Product

http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/isxhelp23/isxhelp23.htm#helplibrary/SWIDOverview.htm

Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments

I am trying to convert MSI to MSIX and I get the same error.
We do not use the Tagging. So can you tell me where exactly I need to change the value "Use Software Identification Tag to No" , so that the build warning doesn't come every time. I believe there should be a template in a common location that needs to be changed. I need the path of that template. And the settings where the path of this template is present.

Version history
Last update:
‎May 23, 2019 03:09 AM
Updated by:
Contributors