cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Warning -4354

Build Warning -4354

Summary

This article provides some information on build warning -4354.

Symptoms

When building your project in InstallShield, you may receive the following error...

ISDEV : warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file MyDLL.dll in component MyDLL.dll. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.

However if you manually register, using regsvr32.exe, the file mentioned in the build warning registers without any problem.

Cause

The 'IsCmdBld.exe' file is the utility used by InstallShield to perform builds. In certain cases, it's possible that the Windows Operating System will not grant 'IsCmdBld.exe' the access it needs to complete certain operations of the build process.

Resolution

If you update the 'IsCmdBld.exe' to run in compatibility mode, this can sometimes resolve the build warning. You can find more about manually changing compatibility settings for a program here.

Additional Information

For more information on 'IsCmdBld.exe' you can look here.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments

I'm getting this error in Installshield 2018 Express, with the same situation that I can use REGSVR32 to register the libraries reported as failing.

Changing the CompatibilityMode to Windows 8 did not resolve the problem.

I also have to question why a 2018 application is not compatible with Windows 10 from 2015 in the first place.

Version history
Last update:
‎Jul 16, 2018 10:37 PM
Updated by: