Activation Error 50019
SummaryExplanation of activation error "The response text you entered is invalid."
This error can occur if any of the following are true:
- The activation code/serial number you are entering is for a different product/version/edition.
- You are attempting offline (email) verification and the response text that you entered in the verification wizard is incorrect. Ensure that you correctly entered the response text. The response text starts with the following string:
The following string marks the end of the response text:
ResolutionFirst of all, please make sure that the activation code/serial number you are using is for the product you are trying to activate.
If you do not have an Internet connection or if you are having problems completing the online activation process, the activation wizard gives you the option of performing offline activation through email.
Task To activate InstallShield through email:
1. Attempt to activate InstallShield through the Internet. If it cannot be completed, the activation wizard displays a message explaining why it could not occur.
2. Click the Proceed with offline activation button. The Offline Activation dialog opens. The Request text box contains your request text. The request text starts with <?xml version, and it ends with </Request>.
3. Perform one of the following steps:
? To copy the request text to the clipboard, click the Copy button. Note that all of the text in the Request text box must be selected when you do this. The activation wizard copies the request text to your clipboard, enabling you to paste it into another application, such as Notepad. Send the request text to the email address that is provided in the activation wizard.
? To save the request text to a text file that you can email from a different machine, click the Save button. The wizard lets you save the text as a .request file. Send the .request file to the email address that is displayed in the activation wizard.
? If you are using InstallShield 2014 or later, you can process your request code at https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation. Select the "choose file" option and browse to your request file, then hit the Process button. This should generate a response code.
? To print the request text, click the Print button. The wizard uses your machine?s default text editor to print the request text to your machine?s default printer. Send the request text to the email address that is provided in the activation wizard.
? To email the request text to an email address that processes the request automatically, click the E-mail button from the machine that is running the activation wizard. The wizard opens a new email message in your default email client. The body of the message contains the request text that the activation system needs. The To field has the email address where you should send the message. Send the message.
When you send the email message, the activation system will email to you a message with the response text automatically. If you still have time left in your trial period, you can use InstallShield while you wait for the message.
Note that the email address that is used to process the requests automatically does not handle other email. For information on obtaining assistance with the offline activation process, see
Troubleshooting Activation Issues.
4. When you receive the response email message and you are ready to complete the activation process, launch InstallShield to open the activation wizard.
5. Proceed to the Offline Activation dialog, which has a Response text box.
6. Copy the response text that is in the response email message to your clipboard. The response text starts with <?xml version, and it ends with </Response>. In the wizard, click the Paste button.
6 ISP-1900-UG00 InstallShield 2012 Spring Activation User Guide Chapter 1: Product Activation for InstallShield Uninstalling and Reinstalling InstallShield
Note: As an alternative for step 6, you can copy the response text and paste it into a text file. Change the name of the text file to License.response. In the Offline Activation dialog, click the Load button, and then select the License.response file.
7. Click the Activate button. The activation wizard activates InstallShield.
Tip: The aforementioned procedure is also used to perform an offline return of a license.