Activating Node-Locked Licenses for Versions 2014 and On
SummaryThis article includes steps regarding how to activate newer versions of the AdminStudio and InstallShield Node-Locked Licenses.
SynopsisThis article includes steps regarding how to activate newer versions of the AdminStudio and InstallShield Node-Locked Licenses.
DiscussionA new Node-Locked License activation process was introduced with the release of AdminStudio and InstallShield versions 2014.
To activate a Node-Locked license:
1. Launch the application.
2. Select the option to Activate or Purchase InstallShield/AdminStudio.
3. Enter your product serial number/activation code in the following format (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).
4. Click the Activate button.
If the activation process fails:
1. Select the offline activation option. An offline activation request will be generated.
2. Save the offline activation license.request file.
3. Click the Next button.
4. The next dialog should indicate that an offline transaction is pending.
5. Go to the following website to process your offline activation request: https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com/control/inst/offlineActivation
6. Click the Choose File button and browse to the license.request file that you recently saved.
7. Click the Process button.
8. Save the response.xml file.
9. Launch the application, once again. The Offline Activation dialog should be displayed.
10. Click the Load button and browse to the response.xml file you recently saved.
11. Click the Activate button.
12. Click the Finish button.