cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usmanjamil
Level 5

where is "Include in build" option for Installscript MSI project features

Hi

I've a scenario where I need to build 2 different releases of the project. One for x86 machines and other for x64 machines. I've C++ Coms and services in my files that have been compiled for both x86 and x64 machines. To keep both versions of files, what I did in my Installscript project was to create different "components" like "ComComponents" and "x64ComComponents". Each was then added to its specific feature like "ComFeature" and x64ComFeature. To compile the build for x86 machine I'd turn the "Include in build" option to yes for "ComFeature" and No for "x64ComFeature" and vice versa for x64 machine build. I cant find the same options in Installscript MSI project. I can't build my releases with selective inclusion of features or components. Can some one please help me with my scenario for Installscript MSI project.

Regards

Usman
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The "Include in Build" setting exists only in InstallScript projects; for MSI projects, perhaps look into "release flags"?
0 Kudos
usmanjamil
Level 5

Thanx Robert for pointing me in the right direction. Just one thing I need to clear. If I have three features like
1. CommonFeature (contains components to be included in both type of builds)
2. x86Feature (contains components to be included in x86_release build)
3. x64Feature (contains components to be included in x64_release build)

and two releases as x86_release and x64_release, how would i handle it with flags. If I keep flags as follows, will it work

1. CommonFeature - COMMON_RELEASE_FLAG
2. x86Feature - x86_RELEASE_FLAG
3. x64Feature - x64_RELEASE_FLAG

and the releases have corresponding flags are

1. x86_release - COMMON_RELEASE_FLAG, x86_RELEASE_FLAG
2. x64_release - COMMON_RELEASE_FLAG, x64_RELEASE_FLAG

Thanx again for your help.

Regards

Usman
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I believe that's correct; it might further be the case that a feature with no release flag will always be included, so it might not be necessary to use COMMON_RELEASE_FLAG in the feature or build settings...
0 Kudos