cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnBrent
Level 5

what is creating the WEB.CONFIG ?? (sort of cross-post from IS2011)

somebody else asked this in another forum - i'd also like to know ...

seeing this behavior --> installshield 2012, onto windows server 2008 R2 - creating an app pool & a web application - i'm not including a file named WEB.CONFIG, but i'm finding the file after installation (which is under [IISROOTFOLDER]

wondering ... what process is creating the WEB.CONFIG - is it INSTALLSHIELD when creating a virtual director and/or application? or is it something in IIS that detects a "missing" file and sticks one in there?

and regardless of what is responsible, is it possible to disable that "feature" ???
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

When using the IIS functionality in InstallShield on IIS 7.x or newer, configuration options for application pools, websites, applications, and virtual directories are set through the IIS APIs. A number of these settings can only be configured at the web.config level and, as such, IIS creates and populates web.config as needed. Some configuration options are set in applicationHost.config located in %SystemRoot%\System32\inetsrv\config. Where these options are written is up to IIS to determine.
0 Kudos