cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dquincequalia
Level 3

web project support

We are moving from old vdproj projects to using Installshield and are looking for a way to continue using the logic /forms we use in vdproj in Installshield.

We are currently using a web project to deploy a web site/application that has a dialog box, which allows the user to choose the site, apppool, vdir, and site, but I am not able to figure how to do this in Installshield. I am attaching screenshots of what we are using currently.

Is this supported and if so, are there tutorials for this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @dquincequalia,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please try the following steps and let us know whether they work for you?

To convert a Visual Studio project (.vdproj) to an InstallShield project (.ism):

1. Open InstallShield.
2. On the File menu, click Open. The Open dialog box opens.
3. In the Files of type box, select Visual Studio Setup Projects (*.vdproj).
4. Browse to the location of the Visual Studio project that you want to open and select the project file.
5. Click the Open button.

Please give those steps a try. Do they work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but that does not work, as I get this message

Loading Microsoft Visual Studio deployment project 

ISDEV : fatal error -9088: InstallShield does not have support for converting Visual Studio Web Setup projects into InstallShield projects.

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Thanks for your reply. You're welcome. Sorry to hear that.

Based on that error message, InstallShield does not support automatically converting Visual Studio Web Setup projects. You would need to manually create an InstallShield project and configure the project based on your original project to get this working. If you have specific questions about this manual conversion, please open a support ticket (case), to track this issue, by emailing support@revenera.com or by calling (877) 279-2853, as long as you have a valid, unexpired technical support contract (maintenance plan).

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos