cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mescalero
Level 7

updating an "intermediate" version of a file during a patch

I've created an Update.exe for one of my projects that works fine, except I've just learned that a patch of one of its files was sent to some customers between the previous release and the release that is covered by Update.exe.

The upshot of that is my Update file doesn't realize it needs to overwrite that patched app with the latest version (it's looking for the previous release's version, after all), and so all of the latest and greatest are not installed.

Aside from creating another Update.exe configuration that targets this patched app, how can I have my Update file upgrade any file with an older date stamp/version?

Thanks...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Mescalero
Level 7

Has anyone run into this situation?
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

If you want the patch to update the file no matter what is installed previously, set always overwrite attribute and that will just do the work.
0 Kudos
Mescalero
Level 7

Hi,

That's precisely what I ended up doing. Thanks for your input!

I just need to be kept in the loop when production distributes these patch versions. :rolleyes:
0 Kudos
amityadav79
Level 3

mano.n.s75 wrote:
If you want the patch to update the file no matter what is installed previously, set always overwrite attribute and that will just do the work.

Hi,
My files are dynamically linked, so there is no "Overwrite" attribute. User has applied manual patch by replacing some files like .aspx, .css etc. Now when we run our latest patch installer, then all the files are getting updated except the manually replaced files.

Please share me if you have any idea about the solution. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos