cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_stretavsky
Level 4

uninstallation problem

Hi

I have problem with unistallation the program, when source msi file is not located in a folder from where it was launched before. e.g. I install the program, I delete msi file, and when afterwards I try to uninstall program from add/remove, it writes me, that it could'nt find source msi file. Can anyone help me?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You may want to create a verbose log of the uninstall to determine why Windows Installer is trying to access the source media. The log can be created with the following command line:
msiexec.exe /x {ProductCode} /l*v "C:\PathToLog\Uninstall.log"
0 Kudos
Peter_Kosenko
Level 7

I realize this is an old post. But maybe someone else will have the problem and read this.

To make a long story short, I had this problem because the ResolveSource action was engaging during uninstall. The standard default condition ( "Not Installed And Not PATCH") was missing because I had to add the action back in.

The long of the story is that we NEED the action to engage during Minor Upgrade (IS_MINOR_UPGRADE) because we copy licenses over from the installer media to the installation. If we ship a new license with a minor upgrade, it has to copy over. So "Not Installed" will not work as a condition for us. But removing the condition completely won't either, since it causes Resolve Source to engage during uninstall, which it should not need to do.
0 Kudos